THE PROBLEMS OPPORTUNITIES
Have you noticed a decline in your child’s mental, emotional and/or physical health during COVID?
Do you work from home and need a little extra time for yourself when your kids get home from school?
Do you recognize the need for screen time that is actually supporting your child’s health and development, not ruining it?
We get it! And that’s why we’ve developed engaging virtual programming that boosts youth mental, emotional and physical health while making it as easy and affordable as possible for parents.
Combine the things kids love with the things they need so they enjoy positively impacting their mental, emotional, and physical health.
What Are Mini Hoop Workouts?
High-energy, 30 minute basketball classes live on Zoom where kids learn fundamental basketball and mental health skills simultaneously through engaging drills that use a mini hoop and mini ball, so that every kid is an all-star.
We create a positive, fun and empowering learning environment by using upbeat music, dance breaks that we call Power Move Turn Ups, jumbotron spotlights to showcase individual skills and celebrations, and prizes that keep kids motivated and engaged.
Why Mini Hoops?
It’s more fun! On a mini hoop, beginners can do all the moves they dream of doing and that boosts their engagement and enjoyment which in turn boosts their desire to show up and learn.
Additionally, by using Mini Hoops and being virtual, this program is completely accessible from home, making it easier, safer and more comfortable for everyone amidst COVID.
We have mastered engaging students virtually and we are revolutionizing mental health programming and youth basketball training in partnership with organizations like the Jr. NBA, Cleveland Cavs Youth Sports, Jr. 76ers, Under Armour, Dick's Sporting Goods and elementary schools across the country.
We even teamed up with WNBA & NBA Players to virtually serve hundreds of kids for NBA All-Star Weekend in partnership with Jr NBA!
Learn How We Turn #Fundamentals2Highlights
What are FUNdaMENTAL™ drills?
“Why do you need to play Division 1 or professional sports to get access to the mental/emotional skills that sports psychologists offer elite players?”
This was one of the questions that drove our mission of elevating the mental, emotional, and physical health of K-5th graders.
That’s why we combine fundamental mental health skills like mindfulness and social emotional learning (SEL) with basketball drills, so the kids enjoy learning these life skills that will help them be successful on and off the court.
To help us create our FUNdaMENTALs ™ curriculum, we collaborated with NBA Mental Skills Trainer Graham Betchart, NBPA (National Basketball Player’s Association) Mental Health Counselor Dr. William Parham, and a bevy of other professionals in the fields of mental health and childhood development.
FUNdaMENTALS™ In Action
- Ball handling
- Triple Threat
- Mindfulness / Body Awareness
- Emotion Management
- Positive Self Talk
- Be Where Your Feet Are
- See. Breathe. Do.
Win Prizes Each Class
- We give 3, $10 Amazon Gift Card Prizes per class to motivate participation
- In the past we’ve teamed up with organizations like the Cleveland Cavaliers and Philadelphia 76ers who have donated elite prizes for the weekly prize giveaways (elite prizes are not a guaranteed part of Mini Hoop Workouts)
What The Kids Are Saying
Why Parents Love Mini Hoop Workouts
- No more driving your kids to practice and wasting your valuable time waiting in the parking lot or the gym for practice to be over.
- Grab your device, click on the zoom link and your kid is ready to grow while you get back to what it is you want to do.
- Less than $1/workout = less than $2/week for 1hr of child care
Better Screen Time
- Kids love screen time and many parents love how convenient it is to occupy their kid with a device, but most video games and YouTube videos aren’t positively contributing to a child’s mental, emotional and physical health... Mini Hoop Workouts get all needs met!
"The program Coach Ben and Coach Ryan teach is great for boys and girls of all skill levels and ages. If you are looking for a program that teaches the fundamentals of basketball within a positive and fun learning environment, I strongly recommend Give N’ Grow Basketball."
"Our daughter LOVES Coaches Ben and Ryan. She really looks forward to their classes. Us parents love them too. They are such great role models to the kids. It's not just basketball coaching. Coaches Ben and Ryan teach and role model mindfulness, appreciation, confidence, sharing, caring for others. And it's just so extra special when others in addition to us parents, are cheering on our kids and making them realize how special each of them are."
My son's skills have improved so much. The coaches start with the fundamentals of basketball which is very important. They are patient, they help build my son's confidence, and my son loves going, which is very important. I recommend Give N' Grow Basketball, you will not be disappointed."
You’re Helping Make An Impact
Mini Hoop Workout Give Back Program
- For every 100 Mini Hoop Workout signups, we run a free virtual assembly for a low income elementary school!
- All assembly participants from low income schools get a free 1 month membership into the Mini Hoop Workouts program
- We also offer scholarships to Mini Hoop Workouts! Please contact us using the contact page if you’d like your child to participate but cannot afford the monthly fee.
Executive Director, Head Basketball Skills Trainer
In 2011, Coach Ryan held his first individual training session and hasn’t looked back! Since then, he has been training individual players, groups, and basketball teams in both Maryland and Pennsylvania. Additionally, he enjoys coaching at professional camps including the Michael Carter-Williams Pro Camp in Philadelphia!
After graduating college, he served as an Assistant Basketball Coach for his alma mater, Holy Name HS in Reading, PA. Coach Ryan is always mastering his craft and sharing his passion for basketball with everyone he encounters.
As Head Basketball Trainer Coach Ryan goes above and beyond to ensure skill and character growth. He breaks skills down with a positive, engaging energy that allows players of all skill levels to thrive. In each session, you can count on Coach Ryan to educate and inspire!
B.S. Leisure and Sports Studies, Kutztown University of Pennsylvania, 2015
2 Year Starter, Reading Area Community College Basketball
Founder, Head Mental Skills Trainer
Coach Ben is a basketball player, motivational speaker, rapper, and mental skills trainer who has travelled the world inspiring people to be the best they can be.
Ben worked for the NBA team the Atlanta Hawks, and was a footwear developer for Under Armour where he helped to create all of the custom Under Armour shoes worn by NBA players, including Steph Curry.
He has lived in Ghana in Western Africa where he served as a mental skills trainer for basketball players, and he is the founder, chairman, and head mental skills trainer for Give N’ Grow Basketball.
B.A. Mathematics, Washington & Jefferson College, 2013
Captain, W&J College Men’s Basketball 2010-2013
Certified Professional Life Coach, iPEC, 2017
2X Certified Breathwork Facilitator, SOMA Breath & Elemental Rhythm Breathwork
The Mini Hoop Workout Membership
- The Workouts
- 2 Live, 30 minute Mini Hoop Workouts per week
- On Demand Workouts
- All previous workouts are available on demand for your child to watch again whenever is most convenient for you
- Weekly “Homework” (Optional)
- Drills, questions, exercises and explorations related to the weekly workouts so kids can continue to grow between sessions
- Weekly Prizes
- 3, $10 prize winners per class (6 winners per week) announced live during class
- All class attendees will be entered into a random prize winner generator for their chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card
- Mini-Hoop NOT included
- You will receive an email upon sign-up with a link to purchase the mini hoop separately if you need a mini hoop
- Mini Hoop NOT required, but strongly suggested for full #Fundamentals2Highlights experience
WHO IS IT FOR?
- This program is designed for K-5th graders, but we've had Pre-K and up to 8th graders join and enjoy.
- Skill Level
- Absolute beginners and intermediate players will all benefit from our Mini Hoop Workouts.
WHERE /WHEN ARE THE WORKOUTS?
- Live on Zoom
- Zoom link will be sent to your email the day of class so it's easy for you to access
- When are the Workouts?
- Every Tuesday and Thursday from 4-4:30pm ET
FAMILIES WITH MULTIPLE KIDS
- Multiple Kids, 1 Device
- If you plan to use one device (phone, laptop, tablet, etc) for multiple kids, then you'll only need one membership.
- Multiple Kids, Multiple Devices
- If you plan to use multiple devices you'll need to purchase enough memberships for each device you plan to use (i.e. 2 kids using 2 different devices = 2 memberships // 3 kids using 2 devices = 2 memberships)
- The reason for this is that each device takes up a "spot" in class and those "spots" need to be saved for other participants.
Thanks to our generous donors, we also offer membership scholarships to our Mini Hoop Workouts!
Please click below to contact us if you’d like your child to participate but cannot afford the monthly fee.Contact Us!